- Born Milwaukee, Wisconsin, December 14, 1958; 4 children, 3 grandchildren.
- Graduate Menomonee Falls East High School, 1977; attended University of Wisconsin–Madison.
- Resort owner.
- Member: Ozaukee/Washington Land Trust; Pike Lake Sportsmans Club; MF Optimist Club; Knights of Columbus; St. Boniface Parish.
- Pike Lake Protection District 2000–present (secretary). Washington County Board, 2006–08.
- Elected to Assembly since 2008. Leadership positions: Majority Caucus Chair 2019; 2017. Assistant Majority Leader 2015, 2011.