- Born Sheboygan, Wisconsin, April 23, 1958; married; 3 children, 5 grandchildren.
- Graduate Sheboygan County Christian High School, 1976; B.A. in Business Administration, Dordt College (Sioux Center, Iowa), 1980; M.B.A. Marquette University, 1985.
- Full-time legislator. Former community bank president and CEO.
- Member: Oostburg State Bank Board of Directors (former president and CEO); Oostburg Chamber of Commerce (former president-elect); Oostburg Kiwanis Club (former president); Oostburg Christian Reformed Church (former elder and deacon); Random Lake Area Chamber of Commerce; Republican Party of Sheboygan County; NRA; Sheboygan County Chamber of Commerce; Workbound, Inc. (former president); YMCA of Sheboygan County Board of Managers.
- Former member: Trinity Christian College Board of Trustees (Palos Heights, Illinois–treasurer); Dordt College Board of Trustees (vice chair); Sheboygan County Christian High School (board president); Oostburg Christian School Board (secretary); Oostburg Community Education Foundation.
- Elected to Assembly since 2014.