- Born Whitewater, Wisconsin, October 7, 1952.
- Graduate Whitewater High School; B.S. University of Wisconsin-Whitewater, 1978; M.S. Ed. in School Business Management, University of Wisconsin-Whitewater, 1990.
- Owner, rental property business. Former payroll benefits analyst and information analyst/negotiator. Member of Wisconsin Air National Guard (retired, CMSgt, 33 years of service), served in Middle East in Operations Desert Shield and Desert Storm.
- Member: American Legion; Veterans of Foreign Wars.
- Former member: University of Wisconsin–Whitewater Board of Visitors, 1979—89.
- Whitewater City Council, 1977—81.
- Elected to Assembly 1990—2014. Elected to Senate 2014.
Member of Midwestern Higher Education Commission and Military and State Relations, Council on