January 2020 Special Session
2:00 P.M. TUESDAY, January 28, 2020
The Assembly met in the Assembly Chamber located in the State Capitol.
Speaker Vos in the Chair.
The Assembly dispensed with the call of the roll.
State of Wisconsin
Office of the Governor
Executive Order Number 64
Relating to a Special Session of the Legislature
I, TONY EVERS, Governor of the State of Wisconsin, by the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the Laws of the State, specifically Article IV, Section 11 and Article V, Section 4 of the Wisconsin Constitution, hereby require the convening of a special session of the Legislature at the Capitol in the City of Madison, to commence at 1:00 pm on January 28, 2020, solely to consider and act upon the following:
1. LRB-5433/1 and 5413/1, relating to providing planning assistance to farmers and making an appropriation.
2. LRB-5438/1 and 5419/1, relating to regional farmer support for stress and mental illness and making an appropriation.
3. LRB-5432/1 and 5412/1, relating to promoting production of value-added agricultural products; creating an organic farming education grant program, a grazing education grant program, and a farm to fork grant program; providing resource conservation technical assistance; granting rule-making authority; and making an appropriation.
4. LRB-5450/1 and 5449/1, relating to county-based agriculture positions in the Division of Extension of the University of Wisconsin-Madison and making an appropriation.
5. LRB-5436/1 and 5416/1, relating to farm to school grants and making an appropriation.
6. LRB-5434/1 and 5414/1, relating to the Wisconsin Initiative for Dairy Exports and making an appropriation.
7. LRB-5439/1 and 5420/1, relating to grants to dairy processing plants and making an appropriation.
8. LRB-5440/1 and 5424/1, relating to creating a Small Farm Diversity grant program, providing an exemption from emergency rule procedures, granting rule-making authority, and making an appropriation.
IN TESTIMONY WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand and caused the Great seal of the State of Wisconsin to be affixed. Done in the City of Dodgeville this twenty-third day of January in the year of two thousand twenty.
By the Governor:
DOUGLAS LA FOLLETTE
Secretary of State
Representative Steineke moved that the Assembly stand adjourned until 10:00 A.M. on Thursday, January 30.
The question was: Shall the Assembly stand adjourned?
The Assembly stood adjourned.