2019 - 2020 LEGISLATURE
February 10, 2020 - Introduced by Representatives Loudenbeck, Novak, Petryk,
Magnafici, Plumer, Skowronski, Summerfield and Edming. Referred to
Committee on Agriculture.
1An Act relating to: requiring the University of Wisconsin-Madison to conduct
2a research study on developing an agricultural science and technology
Analysis by the Legislative Reference Bureau
This bill requires the University of Wisconsin-Madison to conduct a research
study on developing a science and technology program specific to agriculture. Such
a program must include 1) curriculum that includes enhanced farming practices, and
2) coordination between the UW-Madison program and agricultural programs at
other UW schools. A report that includes UW-Madison's findings, conclusions, and
recommendations resulting from the study must be submitted to the legislature by
approximately nine months after the bill's effective date.
For further information see the state fiscal estimate, which will be printed as
an appendix to this bill.
The people of the state of Wisconsin, represented in senate and assembly, do
enact as follows:
(1) University of Wisconsin-Madison study of developing new agricultural
In this subsection:
1. “Board” has the meaning given in s. 36.05 (2).
2. “College campus” has the meaning given in s. 36.05 (6m).
3. “Institution” has the meaning given in s. 36.05 (9).
1. The board shall direct the University of Wisconsin-Madison to conduct a 7
research study on developing a science and technology program specific to 8
2. A program under subd. 1. shall include all of the following:
a. Curriculum that includes enhanced farming practices.
b. Coordination between the program at the University of Wisconsin-Madison 12
and any agricultural program offered at another institution or college campus.
No later than the first day of the 10th month beginning after the 14
effective date of this paragraph, the board shall submit to the chief clerk of each 15
house of the legislature, for distribution to the appropriate standing committees 16
under s. 13.172 (3), a report that includes the University of Wisconsin-Madison's 17
findings, conclusions, and recommendations resulting from the study under par. (b).