Record of Committee Proceedings
Committee on Children and Families
Assembly Bill 263
Relating to: termination of parental rights; the rights of alleged fathers in certain proceedings; and payments allowed in connection with an adoption.
By Representatives Brandtjen, Fields, Kulp, Mursau, Plumer, Quinn, Ramthun, Sanfelippo, Skowronski, Thiesfeldt and Wichgers; cosponsored by Senators Jacque, Marklein and Wanggaard.
June 07, 2019 Referred to Committee on Children and Families
November 13, 2019 Public Hearing Held
Present: (11) Representative Snyder; Representatives Ramthun, Kerkman, Ballweg, Vorpagel, Gundrum, James, Subeck, Billings, Bowen and Vining.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (1) Representative Pronschinske.
· Andre Jacque - 1st Senate District
· Janel Brandtjen - 22nd Assembly District
· Tim Damrow
· Jill Damrow
· Cynthia Jensen - Adoption Avenues Inc.
· Nadya Perez Reyes - Department of Children and Families
· Danielle Karnopp - Department of Children and Families
· Rachel Nili - Department of Children and Families
· Ken Taylor - Kids Forward
· Diane Rondini - State Public Defender
· Eve Dorman - Dane County Corporate Counsel
Appearances for Information Only
· Representative Hinu Smith - Ho-Chunk Nation
Registrations for Information Only
· Bridget Bauman - Children's Court Improvement Program
· Lynne Davis - State Bar of Wisconsin- Child Law Section
March 26, 2020 Failed to pass pursuant to Senate Joint Resolution 1