Record of Committee Proceedings
Committee on Corrections
Assembly Bill 831
Relating to: maximum period of imprisonment following revocation of extended supervision or probation and making an appropriation.
By Representatives Goyke, Sortwell, Gruszynski, Sargent, C. Taylor, Zamarripa, Neubauer, Anderson, Pope, Subeck, Emerson, Bowen, Stubbs, Kolste, Crowley, Considine, L. Myers, Spreitzer, Ohnstad and Billings; cosponsored by Senators L. Taylor, Johnson, Larson, Risser and Smith.
January 30, 2020 Referred to Committee on Corrections
February 13, 2020 Public Hearing Held
Present: (8) Representative Schraa; Representatives Brandtjen, Snyder, James, Kurtz, Bowen, Goyke and Stubbs.
Absent: (1) Representative Hutton.
Excused: (0) None.
· Rep. Evan Goyke
· Rep. Shae Sortwell
· Paulina de Haan - DOC
· Connor Williams - Community Advocates
· Gil Halsted
· Adam Plotkin - State Public Defender
· Wendel Hrusler - Project RETURN
· Joseph Ellwanger - MICAH & WISDOM
· Joyce Ellwanger - MICAH & SIP
· Lance Lay
· Molly Collins - ACLU of Wisconsin
· Sean Wilson - ACLU of Wisconsin
Appearances for Information Only
Registrations for Information Only
March 26, 2020 Failed to pass pursuant to Senate Joint Resolution 1