Record of Committee Proceedings
Committee on Education
Assembly Bill 129
Relating to: allowing private schools participating in a parental choice program to provide hours of direct pupil instruction virtually.
By Representatives Jagler, Murphy, Brandtjen, Brooks, Dittrich, Horlacher, Hutton, Katsma, Knodl, Kulp, Sanfelippo, Skowronski, Tusler, Zimmerman and Plumer; cosponsored by Senators Kooyenga, Kapenga, Craig, Cowles, Jacque and Stroebel.
March 25, 2019 Referred to Committee on Education
April 18, 2019 Public Hearing Held
Present: (15) Representative Thiesfeldt; Representatives Kitchens, Jagler, Rodriguez, Quinn, Wittke, Ramthun, Wichgers, Mursau, Pope, Considine, Hebl, Bowen, Vruwink and L. Myers.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (1) Representative Tusler.
· Rep. Jagler
· Adam Kirsch - Milwaukee Lutheran HS
· Matthew Oppermann - Crown of Life Christian Academy
· Jamie Luehring - Kettle Moraine Lutheran HS
· Greg Hasseldahl - Mrs. Myers Education Services
· David Ruhman - Union Grove Christian School
· Randal Green - St. Andrew Parish School
· Sharon Schmeling - WI Council Religious & Independent Schools
Appearances for Information Only
· Dee Pettack - DPI
· Janine Edwards
· Sen. Kooyenga
· Scott Jensen - AFC
· Justin Moralez - AFC
· Larry Haas - WI Catholic Conference
· Jim Bender - School Choice of WI
· Patricia Skogen
Registrations for Information Only
March 26, 2020 Failed to pass pursuant to Senate Joint Resolution 1