Record of Committee Proceedings
Committee on Energy and Utilities
Assembly Bill 475
Relating to: testing for lead in drinking water in facilities used for recreational and educational camps and child care.
By Representatives Thiesfeldt, C. Taylor, Kitchens, Ohnstad, Anderson, Ballweg, Billings, Bowen, Brostoff, Emerson, Fields, Gruszynski, Haywood, Kolste, Kulp, Milroy, Mursau, L. Myers, Neubauer, Novak, Sargent, Shankland, Sinicki, Spreitzer, Steffen, Stubbs, Subeck, Summerfield, Vining, Vruwink and Zamarripa; cosponsored by Senators Cowles, Johnson, Petrowski, Miller, Carpenter, Feyen, Larson, Olsen, Risser, Smith, L. Taylor, Testin and Wirch.
September 26, 2019 Referred to Committee on Energy and Utilities
February 04, 2020 Public Hearing Held
Present: (15) Representative Kuglitsch; Representatives Steffen, Rodriguez, Sortwell, Petersen, Tauchen, Tranel, Oldenburg, Petryk, Neylon, Vorpagel, B. Meyers, Subeck, Stuck and Fields.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (1) Representative Crowley.
· Rep. Jeremy Thiesfeldt - 52nd Assembly District
· Sen. Rob Cowles - 2nd Senate District
· Sen. LaTonya Johnson - 6th Senate District
· Sam Baron - Maher Water Corporation
· Dr. Elizabeth Neary - UW School of Medicine and Public Health
· Carly Michiels - Clean Wisconsin
· Dr. Heather Paradis - Children's Wisconsin
Appearances for Information Only
· Jennifer Giegerich - Wisconsin Conservation Voters
· Gary Goyke - Wisconsin Apartment Association
· Pastor Cindy Crane - Lutheran Office for Public Policy in WI
· Dr. Elma Sia
· Dr. Kiri Sunde
· Megan Severson - Wisconsin Environment
· James Bohl - City of Milwaukee
Registrations for Information Only
· Dianne Jenkins - WI Department of Children & Families
· Kathi Kilgore - WI Child Care Administrators Association
· Lisa Olson - WI Department of Health Services
March 26, 2020 Failed to pass pursuant to Senate Joint Resolution 1