Record of Committee Proceedings
Committee on Environment
Assembly Bill 842
Relating to: providing funding related to PFAS programs and positions, granting rule-making authority, and making an appropriation.
By Representatives Nygren and Swearingen; cosponsored by Senator Hansen.
January 31, 2020 Referred to Committee on Environment
February 06, 2020 Public Hearing Held
Present: (11) Representative Kitchens; Representatives Oldenburg, Novak, Kurtz, James, Kuglitsch, Krug, Hebl, Anderson, Shankland and Neubauer.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (1) Representative Tusler.
· John Nygren - 89th Assembly District
· Dave Hansen - 30th Senate District
· Darci Foss - Department of Natural Resources
· Beth Bier - Department of Natural Resources
· Jennifer Giegerich - Wisconsin Conservation Voters
· Carly Michiels - Clean Wisconsin
· Andi Rich - citizen
· George Meyer - Wisconsin Wildlife Federation
· Scott Manley - Wisconsin Manufacuters & Commerce
· Jason Culotta - Midwest Food Products Association
· Steve Risotto - American Chemistry Council
· Delanie Breuer - Wisconsin Paper Council
· Kristy Neumann - Packaging Corporation of America
Appearances for Information Only
· Andrew Hoyer-Booth - Department of Health Services
· Roy Irving - Department of Health Services
· James Tinjum - UW-Madison/City of Rhinelander
· Chris Sinicki - 2oth Assembly District
· Cindy Boyle - citizen
· Chuck Boyle Jr. - citizen
· Doug Oitzinger - Former mayor of Marinette
· Laura Olah - Citizens for Safe Water Around Badger
· Rob Swearingen - 34th Assembly District
· Joe Ruth - Wisconsin Towns Association
· Ray Cross - UW System Admin
Registrations for Information Only
· Jared Walker Smith - Municipal Environmental Group - Water Division
February 18, 2020 Executive Session Held
Present: (12) Representative Kitchens; Representatives Oldenburg, Tusler, Novak, Kurtz, James, Kuglitsch, Krug, Hebl, Anderson, Shankland and Neubauer.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (0) None.
Moved by Representative Hebl, seconded by Representative Tusler that Assembly Bill 842 be recommended for passage.
Ayes: (12) Representative Kitchens; Representatives Oldenburg, Tusler, Novak, Kurtz, James, Kuglitsch, Krug, Hebl, Anderson, Shankland and Neubauer.
Noes: (0) None.
PASSAGE RECOMMENDED, Ayes 12, Noes 0