Record of Committee Proceedings
Committee on Environment
Assembly Bill 85
Relating to: state health-based groundwater quality standards for certain groundwater contaminants.
By Representatives Nygren, Kitchens, Ballweg, Duchow, Horlacher, Krug, Kuglitsch, Kulp, Magnafici, Mursau, Ramthun, Sinicki, Skowronski, Tusler and Vorpagel; cosponsored by Senators Cowles, Darling, Marklein and Olsen.
March 19, 2019 Referred to Committee on Environment
April 04, 2019 Public Hearing Held
Present: (10) Representative Kitchens; Representatives Oldenburg, Tusler, Novak, James, Kuglitsch, Hebl, Anderson, Shankland and Neubauer.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (2) Representatives Kurtz and Krug.
· John Nygren - 89th Assembly District
· Jason Mugnaini - Sen. Rob Cowles
· George Meyer - Wisconsin Wildlife Federation
· Doug Oitzinger - citizen
· Laura Olah - PFAS Community Campaign
Appearances for Information Only
· Darsi Foss - Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources
· Jim Zellmer - Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources
· Mark Werner - Department of Health Services
· Sarah Yang - Department of Health Services
· Vanessa Wishart - Municipal Environmental Group - Wastewater
· Lane Ruhland - Wisconsin Manufacturers & Commerce
· Delanie Breuer - Wisconsin Paper Council
· Steve Risotto - American Chemistry Council
· Maria Powell - Midwest Environmental Justice Organization
Registrations for Information Only
· Caryl Terrell - League of Women Voters of Wisconsin
· Caty McDermott - Wisconsin Rural Water Association
March 26, 2020 Failed to pass pursuant to Senate Joint Resolution 1