Record of Committee Proceedings
Committee on Insurance
Assembly Bill 140
Relating to: self-insurance by religious sects for purposes of motor vehicle financial responsibility and liability insurance requirements.
By Representatives Kulp, Ballweg, Fields, Sortwell, Tittl, Steffen, Tusler, Murphy, Quinn and Thiesfeldt; cosponsored by Senators Bernier, Olsen, Jacque and Stroebel.
March 25, 2019 Referred to Committee on Insurance
October 17, 2019 Public Hearing Held
Present: (11) Representative Petersen; Representatives Duchow, Jagler, Petryk, Tusler, Steffen, Gundrum, Doyle, Hesselbein, Stuck and Stubbs.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (5) Representatives Neylon, Tranel, August, Stafsholt and Riemer.
· Jon Minneci - On behalf of Rep. Kulp
· Dana Eby - Mennonites
· Isaac Martin - Unity Mennonite Church
· Robert Zimmerman - Self
Appearances for Information Only
· Kathy Bernier - State Senate
· Bob Kulp - State Assembly
· Paul Miller - self
· Paul Kennell - Mennonites
· Evan Zimmerman - Mennonite Group
· Tim Hershberger - Mennonites
· Matthew Karshna - Mennonites
· Nathan Kuhns - Mennonites
· Myron Horst - Self
· Joseph Hursh - Owen Mennonite Church
Registrations for Information Only
March 26, 2020 Failed to pass pursuant to Senate Joint Resolution 1