Record of Committee Proceedings
Committee on Judiciary
Assembly Bill 55
Relating to: applicability of 2017 Wisconsin Act 184; time frame for reports for sexually violent persons petitioning for supervised release; and placement of sexually violent persons on supervised release.
By Representatives Schraa, Krug, Brooks, Edming, Kitchens, Kuglitsch, Kulp, Murphy, Mursau, Spiros, Thiesfeldt, Tusler, Wichgers and Zimmerman; cosponsored by Senators Feyen, Testin, Cowles and Marklein.
February 28, 2019 Referred to Committee on Judiciary
March 14, 2019 Public Hearing Held
Present: (8) Representative Ott; Representatives Horlacher, Thiesfeldt, Brooks, Tusler, Kerkman, Anderson and Hebl.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (1) Representative Cabrera.
· Rep, Schraa, - bill's author
· Adam Plotkin - SPD
· Kevin Groninger - Monroe County DA
· Eric Torey - Fond du Lac DA's office
· Daniel Degner
· Kyle Christianson - WI Counties Association
· Gary Miller - Town of Eldorado, President, Fond du Lac County
Appearances for Information Only
· Lisa Olson - Legislative Lianson DHS
· Beth Dodsworth, Director - Bureau of Community Forensic Services
· Alicia Boehme - DHS
· Curtis Witynski - League of Wisconsin Muncipalities
Registrations for Information Only
March 26, 2020 Failed to pass pursuant to Senate Joint Resolution 1