Record of Committee Proceedings
Committee on State Affairs
Assembly Bill 216
Relating to: issuance by municipalities of alcohol beverage operator's licenses.
By Representatives Knodl, Ballweg, Duchow, Kitchens, Kurtz, Mursau, Plumer, Rohrkaste, Sanfelippo, Schraa, Skowronski, Spiros, Steffen, Subeck, Tittl, Zimmerman and Wichgers; cosponsored by Senators Kapenga, Kooyenga, Nass, Stroebel, Wanggaard and Smith.
May 15, 2019 Referred to Committee on State Affairs
July 10, 2019 Public Hearing Held
Present: (11) Representative Swearingen; Representatives Tauchen, Jagler, Knodl, Kuglitsch, Vorpagel, Sinicki, McGuire, Ohnstad, Stubbs and Cabrera.
Absent: (1) Representative Crowley.
Excused: (3) Representatives Schraa, Summerfield and Kulp.
· Representative Dan Knodl - 24th Assembly District
· Jeremy Smith - Village of Sussex
· Susan Quam - WI Restaurant Association
Appearances for Information Only
· Senator Chris Kapenga - 33rd Senate District
· Erik Kantor - WI Petroleum Marketers & Convenience Store Association
· Matt Phillips - Tavern League of WI
· Michelle Kussow - WI Grocers Association
· Jerry Deschane - WI League of Municipalities
Registrations for Information Only
September 25, 2019 Executive Session Held
Present: (13) Representative Swearingen; Representatives Tauchen, Jagler, Schraa, Knodl, Kuglitsch, Summerfield, Kulp, Vorpagel, McGuire, Ohnstad, Crowley and Stubbs.
Absent: (1) Representative Cabrera.
Excused: (1) Representative Sinicki.
Moved by Representative Vorpagel, seconded by Representative Summerfield that Assembly Bill 216 be recommended for passage.
Ayes: (13) Representative Swearingen; Representatives Tauchen, Jagler, Schraa, Knodl, Kuglitsch, Summerfield, Kulp, Vorpagel, McGuire, Ohnstad, Crowley and Stubbs.
Noes: (0) None.
PASSAGE RECOMMENDED, Ayes 13, Noes 0