Record of Committee Proceedings
Committee on Transportation
Assembly Bill 283
Relating to: requiring a local referendum to impose a wheel tax.
By Representatives Sanfelippo, Brandtjen, Hutton, Jagler, Knodl, Kuglitsch, Magnafici, Neylon, Ott, Quinn, Ramthun, Sortwell, Tauchen, Thiesfeldt, Tusler and Wichgers; cosponsored by Senators Craig, Jacque, Kapenga, Nass, Stroebel and Bernier.
June 07, 2019 Referred to Committee on Transportation
June 11, 2019 Public Hearing Held
Present: (12) Representative Kulp; Representatives Spiros, Thiesfeldt, Allen, Sanfelippo, Murphy, Skowronski, Plumer, Kolste, Crowley, B. Meyers and Neubauer.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (2) Representatives Vorpagel and Considine.
· State Representative Joe Sanfelippo - 15th Assembly District
· Professional Engineer Glen Schwalbach
· Jim Bohl - City of Milwaukee
· Maggie Darr - City of Janesville
· Curt Witynski - League of WI Municipalities
Appearances for Information Only
· State Senator Steve Nass - 11th Senate District
· State Senator Dave Craig - 28th Senate District
· Bob Wipperfurth - Village of Windor & Dane County Cities & Villages Assoc.
· Dan Bahr - WI Counties Assoc.
Registrations for Information Only
March 26, 2020 Failed to pass pursuant to Senate Joint Resolution 1