Record of Committee Proceedings
Committee on Workforce Development
Assembly Bill 122
Relating to: employment and training activities for homeless populations, the Council on Workforce Investment, and local workforce development boards.
By Representatives Rodriguez, Steineke, Snyder, Pronschinske, Kurtz, Plumer, Dittrich, James, Tittl, Mursau, Felzkowski, Rohrkaste, Spiros, Steffen, Allen, Duchow, Kulp, Petryk, Petersen, Thiesfeldt, Kitchens, Edming, Schraa, Krug, Murphy, Tusler, Ballweg and Subeck; cosponsored by Senators Feyen and Carpenter.
March 25, 2019 Referred to Committee on Workforce Development
April 23, 2019 Public Hearing Held
Present: (14) Representative Petryk; Representatives Dittrich, Murphy, Allen, Brandtjen, Kulp, Macco, Snyder, Gundrum, Oldenburg, Fields, Crowley, Ohnstad and Haywood.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (1) Representative Shankland.
· Joseph Volk - Wisconsin Coalition Against Homelessness
· Scott Peoples - Pillars Inc.
· Brad Paul - WISCAP
· Lexi Wood - Micah Center
· Jim Bestul - WI Apartment Association
· Rafael Aceredo - Milwaukee Continuum of Care
· Andi Elliot - Milwaukee Continuum of Care
· Torrie Kopp Mueller - Homeless Services Consortium of Dane County
· Carrie Poser - WI Balance of States Continuum of Care
· Representative Jessie Rodriguez
Appearances for Information Only
· Katie Jaeger - HSC
· Jon Mugasaki - Project Respect
· Eve Dorman
· Representative Warren Petryk
· Bob Welch - AASCW
· Meghan Jensen
· Gary Goyke - WI Apartment Association
· Gary Goyke - Wis. Community Action WISCAP
· Senator Daniel Feyen
· Jodi Bloch - Children's Hospital of Wisconsin
· Gai Lorenzen - Racine Continuum of Care
Registrations for Information Only
June 04, 2019 Executive Session Held
Present: (12) Representative Petryk; Representatives Dittrich, Allen, Brandtjen, Kulp, Macco, Snyder, Gundrum, Shankland, Fields, Crowley and Ohnstad.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (3) Representatives Murphy, Oldenburg and Haywood.
Moved by Representative Brandtjen, seconded by Representative Macco that Assembly Bill 122 be recommended for passage.
Ayes: (12) Representative Petryk; Representatives Dittrich, Allen, Brandtjen, Kulp, Macco, Snyder, Gundrum, Shankland, Fields, Crowley and Ohnstad.
Noes: (0) None.
*NOTE: Representative Murphy would have voted Aye on AB 122 had he been present.
*NOTE: Representative Haywood would have voted Aye on AB 122 had he been present.
PASSAGE RECOMMENDED, Ayes 12, Noes 0