Record of Committee Proceedings
Committee on Agriculture, Revenue and Financial Institutions
Senate Bill 387
Relating to: including crop insurance proceeds in the manufacturing and agricultural tax credit.
By Senators Marklein, Bernier, Jacque, Olsen, Stroebel and Testin; cosponsored by Representatives Vruwink, Edming, Horlacher, Kulp, Kurtz, Loudenbeck, Novak, Petryk, Plumer, Ramthun, Tauchen, Thiesfeldt, Tranel, Tusler and VanderMeer.
September 05, 2019 Referred to Committee on Agriculture, Revenue and Financial Institutions
October 10, 2019 Public Hearing Held
Present: (8) Senator Marklein; Senators Petrowski, Testin, Jacque, Bernier, Smith, Ringhand and Larson.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (1) Senator Risser.
· Sen Howard Marklein - 17th Senate District
· Amy Penterman
· Chad Zuleger - Dairy Busuness Association
Appearances for Information Only
· Rep Don Vruwink - Myself
· Representative James Edming - 87th Assembly District
· Director government affairs Jennifer Wickman - Cooperative network
· Jordan Lamb - Wisconsin Cattlemens Association
· Jordan Lamb - Wisconsin Pork Association
· Jordan Lamb - Wisconsin Potato & Vegetable Growers Assn
· Jordan Lamb - Wisconsin Soybean Assn
· Jordan Lamb - Wisconsin State Cranberry Growers Assn
· Jordan Lamb - Wisconsin Farm Bureau Federation
· Bob Welch - WI Corn Growers Association
Registrations for Information Only
October 24, 2019 Executive Session Held
Present: (9) Senator Marklein; Senators Petrowski, Testin, Jacque, Bernier, Smith, Ringhand, Risser and Larson.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (0) None.
Moved by Senator Petrowski, seconded by Senator Jacque that Senate Bill 387 be recommended for passage.
Ayes: (7) Senator Marklein; Senators Petrowski, Testin, Jacque, Bernier, Smith and Risser.
Noes: (2) Senators Ringhand and Larson.
PASSAGE RECOMMENDED, Ayes 7, Noes 2