Record of Committee Proceedings
Committee on Education
Senate Bill 183
Relating to: requirements for initial licensure as a special education teacher.
By Senators Marklein, Darling, Kooyenga, Testin and Tiffany; cosponsored by Representatives Tranel, Dittrich, Edming, Felzkowski, Knodl, Kuglitsch, Kurtz, Mursau, Novak, Rohrkaste, Tittl and Wittke.
April 24, 2019 Referred to Committee on Education
September 17, 2019 Public Hearing Held
Present: (9) Senator Olsen; Senators Darling, Nass, Kooyenga, Bernier, Larson, Bewley, Johnson and Schachtner.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (0) None.
· Rep Tranel Travis Tranel - 49th Dist
· Sen Howard Marklein - 17th Senate District
· Student Sydney Salmon - Myself
· Rep. Don Vruwink
· CESA Three Administrator Jamie Nutter - SW WI Region
· Tom Wermuth - Adam's Friendship Schools
· Ida Legislative rep Donna Hejtmamek - IDA Wisconsin
· Mrs Donna Hejtmamek - Wisconsin Reading Coalition , Decodimg Dyslexia
· Anne Malone
Appearances for Information Only
· Director of Teacher Education Kimber Wilkerson - University of Wisconsin-Madison
· Executive Director Wisconsin Rural Schools Alliance Kim Kaukl - WiRSA
· Molly Tranel
· Superintendent Doug Olsen - Kickapoo School
· Mr Dan Rossmiller - Wis. Association of School Boards
· SAA Executive Director John Forester - Wisconsin Assn of School Disrict Administrators
Registrations for Information Only
· Dr Janin e Edwards - Self
March 26, 2020 Failed to pass pursuant to Senate Joint Resolution 1