Record of Committee Proceedings
Committee on Education
Senate Bill 789
Relating to: expanding the part-time open enrollment program.
By Senators Darling, Kooyenga and Craig; cosponsored by Representatives Thiesfeldt, Kulp, Fields, Ballweg, Dittrich, Hutton, Felzkowski, Jagler, Knodl, Sanfelippo, Skowronski, Spiros, Steineke, Tusler and Wichgers.
February 06, 2020 Referred to Committee on Education
March 11, 2020 Public Hearing Held
Present: (9) Senator Olsen; Senators Darling, Nass, Kooyenga, Bernier, Larson, Bewley, Johnson and Schachtner.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (0) None.
· Joe Miotke
· CJ Szafir - WILL.
· Regional Legislative Director Zach Eckert - ExcelinEd in Action
· Ashalah Taylor
· Libby Sobic - WILL
· Megan Novak - Americans for Prosperity
· Senator Alberta Darling - 8th senate district
· John Forester - School Administrators Alliance
· Dan Rossmiller - Wisconsin Association of School Boards
Appearances for Information Only
· Jim Bender - School Choice Wisconsin
· Andrew Davis - MMAC
· Bob Welch - K12 inc
· Chris Reader - WMC
· Rep JEREMY Thiesfeldt
· Rep Jeremy Thiesfeldt
· Grant Huber - Dept of public instruction
Registrations for Information Only
· Legislative Aide Collin Mead - Senator Bewley
March 26, 2020 Failed to pass pursuant to Senate Joint Resolution 1