Record of Committee Proceedings
Committee on Elections, Ethics and Rural Issues
Senate Bill 574
Relating to: canvassing absentee ballots on the Monday before an election and providing a penalty.
By Senators LeMahieu, Miller, Carpenter, Larson, Olsen, Ringhand, Risser, Stroebel, L. Taylor, Testin and Wanggaard; cosponsored by Representatives Vorpagel, Spreitzer, Anderson, Bowen, Doyle, Katsma, Kulp, Pope, Sanfelippo, Sinicki, Stubbs, Subeck, C. Taylor, Tittl and Vruwink.
November 22, 2019 Referred to Committee on Elections, Ethics and Rural Issues
January 15, 2020 Public Hearing Held
Present: (5) Senator Bernier; Senators Tiffany, Kooyenga, Miller and Smith.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (0) None.
· Senator Devin LeMahieu - 9th Senate District
· Senator Mark Miller - 16th Senate District
· Representative Tyler Vorpagel - 27th Assembly District
· Dane County Clerk Scott McDonell - WIsconsin County Clerk Association
· Rock County Clerk Lisa Tollefson - Rock County
· Brenda Wood - City of Milwaukee
· Tom Kramer
· Municipal Clerk Kelly Michaels - City of Brookfield and Wisconsin Municipal Clerks Assn
· County Clerk Sandy Juno - Brown County and municipalities
· Debra Morin
Appearances for Information Only
· Clerk-Treasurer Connie Zimmerman - Town of Fulton
· Jerry Derr - Wis Towns
Registrations for Information Only
March 26, 2020 Failed to pass pursuant to Senate Joint Resolution 1