Record of Committee Proceedings
Committee on Government Operations, Technology and Consumer Protection
Senate Bill 195
Relating to: the display and sale of novelty lighters and providing a penalty.
By Senators Testin, Wanggaard, Olsen, Johnson and Marklein; cosponsored by Representatives Krug, VanderMeer, Ballweg, Kulp, Dittrich, Mursau, Thiesfeldt, Tusler, Bowen, Spiros, Shankland, Subeck and Tittl.
April 30, 2019 Referred to Committee on Government Operations, Technology and Consumer Protection
September 24, 2019 Public Hearing Held
Present: (5) Senator Stroebel; Senators Kapenga, Craig, Wirch and Smith.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (0) None.
· Chief Gerald Minor - Pittsville Fire
· Wisconsin State Fire Chiefs Association President Tim Bantes - Wisconsin State Fire Chiefs Association
· Fire Chief Kristopher Loy - Maple Bluff Fire Dept.
· Senator Patrick Testin - 24th Senate District
· Fire Chief Buck Manley - Holmen Area Fire Department
· Executive Director Michael Wos - Professional Fire Fighters of Wisconsin Charitable Foundation
· Fire Chief David Dean
Appearances for Information Only
· Fire Chief Mark Deaver - Plover Fire Department
· Fire Chief Brian Lepper - Village of Park Ridge FD
· Fire Chief Tom Marini - Poy Sippi Fire Dept.
· Jeff Pollard - Wisconsin State Fire Inspectors Association
· Rev David Sobek - Lake Mills Fire Department
· Lieutenant John Magnus
· Marty King - Wisconsin Fire Protection Coalition
· Lobbyist Joe Strohl - Professional Fire Fighters of Wisconsin
· Representative Scott Krug
· Fire Chief Scott Sullivan - City Of Monona Fire Department
· Betty Ann Dean
· Jodi Bloch - Children's Hospital of WI
· Greg Hubbard - UW Health
Registrations for Information Only
March 26, 2020 Failed to pass pursuant to Senate Joint Resolution 1