Record of Committee Proceedings
Committee on Utilities and Housing
Senate Bill 119
Relating to: housing grants to homeless individuals and families and making an appropriation.
By Senators Bernier and Carpenter; cosponsored by Representatives Snyder, Steineke, Rodriguez, Pronschinske, Kurtz, Plumer, Dittrich, James, Tittl, Mursau, Felzkowski, Rohrkaste, Spiros, Steffen, Allen, Duchow, Kulp, Petryk, Petersen, Thiesfeldt, Tusler, Schraa, Murphy, Kitchens, Krug, Edming, Subeck and Sinicki.
March 20, 2019 Referred to Committee on Utilities and Housing
August 13, 2019 Public Hearing Held
Present: (5) Senator LeMahieu; Senators Feyen, Wanggaard, L. Taylor and Bewley.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (0) None.
· Senator Kathy Bernier
· Representative Jim Steineke
· Joe Volk - Wisconsin Coalition Against Homelessness
· Teresa Reinders - CoC for City and County of Racine
Appearances for Information Only
· Erik Kanter - WI Public Health Association
· Pat Snyder
· Uly Williams
· Joe Strohl - Menominee Indian Tribe
· Brad Paul - WISCAP
· Eve Dorman
· Carrie Posner - WI Balance of State Consortium of Care
· Amy Bliss - WI Housing Alliance
· Kathy Markeland - WAFCA
· Jodi Bloch - Children's Hospital of Wisconsin
· Conner Wild
· Stefanie Kaiser
Registrations for Information Only
March 26, 2020 Failed to pass pursuant to Senate Joint Resolution 1