2021 WISCONSIN ACT 18
An Act relating to: full-time open enrollment to attend a fully virtual program offered by a nonresident school district during the 2021-22 school year.
The people of the state of Wisconsin, represented in senate and assembly, do enact as follows:
(1) Full-time open enrollment; fully virtual option in the 2021-22 school year.
(a) In this subsection:
1. “Charter school” has the meaning given in s. 118.51 (1) (ad).
2. “Fully virtual option” means an option offered to pupils by a school board or charter school under which all of the instruction is provided through means of the Internet, and the pupils receiving the instruction and instructional staff providing the instruction are geographically remote from each other. “Fully virtual option” does not include an option offered by a virtual charter school, as defined in s. 115.001 (16).
3. “Nonresident school district" has the meaning given in s. 118.51 (1) (c).
(b) In the 2021-22 school year, a pupil may attend a fully virtual option in a nonresident school district under s. 118.51. For purposes of this paragraph, a fully virtual option is considered to be located in the following school district:
1. If a school board offers the fully virtual option, in the school district governed by the school board.
2. If a charter school offers the fully virtual option, in the school district in which the charter school is located.