Record of Committee Proceedings
Committee on Public Benefit Reform
Assembly Bill 935
Relating to: FoodShare work and FoodShare employment and training requirements and drug testing.
By Representatives Born, Armstrong, August, Brandtjen, Cabral-Guevara, Callahan, Dittrich, Duchow, Edming, James, Katsma, Kitchens, Knodl, Krug, Kuglitsch, Kurtz, Loudenbeck, Macco, Magnafici, Moses, Penterman, Petersen, Petryk, Plumer, Rozar, Schraa, Skowronski, Snyder, Sortwell, Steffen, Tittl, Tusler, Vorpagel, Wichgers and Zimmerman; cosponsored by Senators Testin, Bernier, Felzkowski, Feyen, Marklein, Nass and Stroebel.
January 31, 2022 Referred to Committee on Public Benefit Reform
February 08, 2022 Public Hearing Held
Present: (0) None.
Absent: (7) Representative Krug; Representatives Schraa, Brandtjen, Cabral-Guevara, Behnke, L. Myers and Conley.
Excused: (2) Representatives Allen and Cabrera.
· Sen. Patrick Testin - 24th State Senate District
· Rep. Mark Born - 39th State Assembly District
· Chase Martin - Opportunity Solutions Project
· Angela Rachidi - Badger Insiitute
· Brenda Lewison - Local Action of Wisconsin
· Kim Vercauteren - Wisconsin Catholic Conference
· Stephanie Dorfman - Feeding Wisconsin
Appearances for Information Only
· Rachel Ver Velde - Wisconsin Manufacturers and Commerce
· Kathi Pappa
· Christopher Reader - IRG Action Fund
· Chelsea Fibert - Wisconsin Counties Association
· Pastor Cindy Crane - Lutheran Office for Public Policy in Wisconsin
· Colin McGinn - Hunger Task Force
· Abby Bar-Lev Wiley - Legal Action of Wisconsin
· Peter Bakken - Wisconsin Council of Churches
Registrations for Information Only
· HJ Waukau - Wisconsin Department of Health Services
February 10, 2022 Executive Session Held
Present: (7) Representative Krug; Representatives Schraa, Brandtjen, Cabral-Guevara, Behnke, Cabrera and Conley.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (2) Representatives Allen and L. Myers.
Moved by Representative Brandtjen, seconded by Representative Schraa that Assembly Bill 935 be recommended for passage.
Ayes: (5) Representative Krug; Representatives Schraa, Brandtjen, Cabral-Guevara and Behnke.
Noes: (2) Representatives Cabrera and Conley.
PASSAGE RECOMMENDED, Ayes 5, Noes 2