Record of Committee Proceedings
Committee on Rural Development
Assembly Bill 235
Relating to: rural economic development programs administered by the Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation and farm support grants.
By Representatives Armstrong, Tranel, Oldenburg, Born, Cabral-Guevara, Callahan, Duchow, Edming, James, Knodl, Krug, Kurtz, Moses, Mursau, Petryk, Plumer, Rozar, Snyder, Swearingen, Tusler, Vorpagel, Wittke and Zimmerman; cosponsored by Senators Marklein, Bernier, Feyen and Felzkowski.
April 02, 2021 Referred to Committee on Rural Development
April 06, 2021 Public Hearing Held
Present: (14) Representative VanderMeer; Representatives Moses, Plumer, Edming, Novak, Oldenburg, Pronschinske, Summerfield, Armstrong, Callahan, Vruwink, Considine, B. Meyers and Hong.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (1) Representative Milroy.
· Representative Dave Armstrong - 75th Assembly District
Appearances for Information Only
· Senator Howard Marklein - 17th Senate District
· John Cronin - Wisconsin Bankers Association
· Brian Dake - Wisconsin Independent Businesses Inc
· Debi Towns - WI Farm Bureau
· Michael Welsh - WI Economic Development Association
· Ex Air Ron Bristois - Grant County Exonomic Development
· Representative Loren Oldenburg - 96th Assembly District
· Representative Travis Tranel - 49th Assembly District
Registrations for Information Only
April 08, 2021 Executive Session Held
Present: (13) Representative VanderMeer; Representatives Moses, Edming, Novak, Oldenburg, Summerfield, Armstrong, Callahan, Vruwink, Milroy, Considine, B. Meyers and Hong.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (2) Representatives Plumer and Pronschinske.
Moved by Representative Oldenburg, seconded by Representative Moses that Assembly Bill 235 be recommended for passage.
Ayes: (8) Representative VanderMeer; Representatives Moses, Edming, Novak, Oldenburg, Summerfield, Armstrong and Callahan.
Noes: (5) Representatives Vruwink, Milroy, Considine, B. Meyers and Hong.
PASSAGE RECOMMENDED, Ayes 8, Noes 5