Record of Committee Proceedings
Committee on Rural Development
Assembly Bill 239
Relating to: the use of certain federal funds for broadband expansion grants.
By Representatives Summerfield, Edming, Armstrong, Born, Plumer, Krug, Cabral-Guevara, Snyder, Callahan, Gundrum, Horlacher, Duchow, Wittke, Rozar, Kurtz, Vorpagel, Moses, Tranel, Swearingen, Zimmerman, Mursau, Tusler, Petryk, Oldenburg, Knodl, James and Jagler; cosponsored by Senators Marklein, Bernier, Felzkowski, Feyen and Stafsholt.
April 02, 2021 Referred to Committee on Rural Development
April 06, 2021 Public Hearing Held
Present: (14) Representative VanderMeer; Representatives Moses, Plumer, Edming, Novak, Oldenburg, Pronschinske, Summerfield, Armstrong, Callahan, Vruwink, Considine, B. Meyers and Hong.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (1) Representative Milroy.
· Representative Rob Summerfield - 67th Assembly District
· Representative James Edming - 87th Assembly District
· Bill Esbeck - Wisconsin State Telecom Association
Appearances for Information Only
· Senator Howard Marklein - 17th Senate District
· John Cronin - Wisconsin Bankers Association
· Brian Dake - Wisconsin Independent Businesses Inc
· Tom Moore - WI Cable Commnications Association
· Adam Raschka - Charter Communications
· Rob Richard - WI Electric Cooperative Association
· Debi Towns - WI Farm Bureau
· Michael Welsh - WI Economic Development Association
· Representative Travis Tranel - 49th Assembly District
Registrations for Information Only
April 08, 2021 Executive Session Held
Present: (13) Representative VanderMeer; Representatives Moses, Edming, Novak, Oldenburg, Summerfield, Armstrong, Callahan, Vruwink, Milroy, Considine, B. Meyers and Hong.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (2) Representatives Plumer and Pronschinske.
Moved by Representative Oldenburg, seconded by Representative Moses that Assembly Bill 239 be recommended for passage.
Ayes: (8) Representative VanderMeer; Representatives Moses, Edming, Novak, Oldenburg, Summerfield, Armstrong and Callahan.
Noes: (5) Representatives Vruwink, Milroy, Considine, B. Meyers and Hong.
PASSAGE RECOMMENDED, Ayes 8, Noes 5