Record of Committee Proceedings
Committee on Workforce Development
Assembly Bill 336
Relating to: participation in federal unemployment benefit programs and work search requirements for unemployment insurance.
By Representatives Vos, Callahan, Allen, Armstrong, August, Born, Brandtjen, Cabral-Guevara, Dallman, Dittrich, Duchow, Edming, Gundrum, Horlacher, James, Katsma, Knodl, Kuglitsch, Kurtz, Loudenbeck, Macco, Magnafici, Moses, Murphy, Neylon, Petersen, Petryk, Plumer, Rozar, Schraa, Spiros, Steineke, Summerfield, Swearingen, Tauchen, Thiesfeldt, Tittl, Tranel, VanderMeer, Wichgers, Wittke and Zimmerman; cosponsored by Senators Marklein, Feyen, Ballweg, Bernier, Bradley, Darling, Felzkowski, Jagler, Kapenga, LeMahieu, Nass, Stafsholt, Stroebel, Testin, Wanggaard and Wimberger.
May 21, 2021 Referred to Committee on Workforce Development
May 26, 2021 Public Hearing Held
Present: (10) Representative Petryk; Representatives Gundrum, Edming, Murphy, Oldenburg, Rozar, Armstrong, Sinicki, Andraca and Drake.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (2) Representatives Dittrich and Shankland.
· Representative Robin Vos
· Senator Howard Marklein
· Joe Zietlow - Kwik Trip
· Kristine Hillmer - Wisconsin Restaurant Association
· Alan Petelinrels - Power Test Inc.
· Mathew Salsoudry - Power Test Inc.
· Brian Dake - Wisconsin Independent Businesses
· Scott Manley - Wisconsin Manufacturers and Commerce
· Shawn Phetteplace - Main Street Alliance
· Evan Dannels - Cadre Restaurant
Appearances for Information Only
· Rebecca Hogan - WPS Health Solutions
· Kyle Koenen - Wisconsin Institute for Law and Liberty
· Jason Culotta - Midwest Food Producers Association
· Eric Knight - Association of Wisconsin Tourism Attractions
· Kathi Kilgore - Wisconsin Hotel and Lodging Association
· Rich Uselman
· Forbes McIntosh - Wisconsin Assisted Living Association
Registrations for Information Only
June 02, 2021 Executive Session Held
Present: (10) Representative Petryk; Representatives Gundrum, Edming, Murphy, Oldenburg, Rozar, Armstrong, Shankland, Andraca and Drake.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (2) Representatives Dittrich and Sinicki.
Moved by Representative Armstrong, seconded by Representative Rozar that Assembly Bill 336 be recommended for passage.
Ayes: (7) Representative Petryk; Representatives Gundrum, Edming, Murphy, Oldenburg, Rozar and Armstrong.
Noes: (3) Representatives Shankland, Andraca and Drake.
PASSAGE RECOMMENDED, Ayes 7, Noes 3