Record of Committee Proceedings
Committee on Economic and Workforce Development
Senate Bill 981
Relating to: apprenticeship and youth apprenticeship completion awards, career and technical education incentive grants and completion awards, technical preparation programs in school districts and technical colleges, creating an individual income tax subtraction for expenses paid for apprenticeship programs, and making an appropriation.
By Senators Stafsholt, Feyen and Ballweg; cosponsored by Representatives Oldenburg, Zimmerman, Petryk, Armstrong, Dittrich, Drake, Gundrum, James, Moses, Mursau, Novak, Schraa, Skowronski, Swearingen, Tranel, VanderMeer, Vorpagel, Wittke, Kuglitsch and Vruwink.
February 17, 2022 Referred to Committee on Economic and Workforce Development
February 23, 2022 Public Hearing Held
Present: (5) Senator Feyen; Senators Testin, Jacque, Ringhand and Pfaff.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (0) None.
· John Schulze - Associated builders and contractors
· Shaun Mchugh - Self
· Cindy Buchko - Construction Business Group
· Senator Rob Stafsholt - 10th Senate District
· Rep Loren Oldenburg
· Evan Stephenson - Carpenters
· Andrew Disch - Carpenters union
· Lisa Perkofski - Carpenters
· Layla Merrifield - WTC District Boards
· Dr Morna Foy - WTCS
Appearances for Information Only
· Brad Boycks - Wisconsin builders axsociation
· Rob Richard - Wisconsin electrical coop assoc
· Chris Larowe - Wisconsin energy group
· Bob Welch - Stride
· Bob Welch - Local 139 operating engineers
· Representative Warren Petryk
· Legislative Director Brian Dake - Wisconsin Independent Businesses
· Rachel Ver Velde - WMC
· Tom Hickey - Carpenters union
· Kathi Kilgore - Wisconsin hotel and lodging association
· State Director BILL G SMITH - NFIB
Registrations for Information Only
· Legislative Liaison Jenifer Cole - Dept. of Workforce Development
March 10, 2022 Failed to pass pursuant to Senate Joint Resolution 1