Record of Committee Proceedings
Committee on Health
Senate Bill 30
Relating to: permitting pharmacists to prescribe certain contraceptives, extending the time limit for emergency rule procedures, providing an exemption from emergency rule procedures, granting rule-making authority, and providing a penalty.
By Senators Felzkowski, Bernier, Carpenter, Darling, Feyen and Marklein; cosponsored by Representatives Kitchens, Magnafici, Tusler, Armstrong, August, Born, Dittrich, Duchow, James, Kerkman, Knodl, Krug, Kuglitsch, Kurtz, Loudenbeck, Moses, Mursau, Neylon, Novak, Plumer, Skowronski, Snyder, Spiros, Steffen, Steineke, Summerfield, Swearingen, Tauchen, Tranel, Vorpagel, Vos and Wittke.
January 28, 2021 Referred to Committee on Health
February 09, 2021 Public Hearing Held
Present: (4) Senator Testin; Senators Bradley, Erpenbach and Carpenter.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (1) Senator Kooyenga.
· Senator Mary Felzkowski - 12th Senate District
· Kassy Bartelme
· Dimmy Sokhal
· Caroline Kitchens - R Street Institute
· Dr. Kristin Lyerly - American College of Obstetrics and Gynecologists
· Representative Joel Kitchens - 1st Assembly District
· Matt Sande - Pro-Life Wisconsin
· Julaine Appling - Wisconsin Family Action
· Executive Director Kim Vercauteren - Wisconsin Catholic Conference
Appearances for Information Only
· Connie Schulze - UW Health
Registrations for Information Only
February 11, 2021 Executive Session Held by Paper Ballot
Present: (5) Senator Testin; Senators Kooyenga, Bradley, Erpenbach and Carpenter.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (0) None.
Moved by that Senate Bill 30 be recommended for passage.
Ayes: (4) Senator Testin; Senators Kooyenga, Erpenbach and Carpenter.
Noes: (1) Senator Bradley.
PASSAGE RECOMMENDED, Ayes 4, Noes 1