Statement of Scope
Department of Veterans Affairs
General update relating to veterans grants for tuition reimbursement, training, and assistance programs
1. Finding/nature of emergency (Emergency Rule only):
2. Detailed description of the objective of the proposed rule:
The primary objective of the proposed rule is to perform a general update and modify provisions for clarity and conformity with current drafting standards.
3. Description of the existing policies relevant to the rule, new policies proposed to be included in the rule, and an analysis of policy alternatives:
The proposed rule will amend outdated provisions and bring the rule into conformity with current statutes and drafting standards for style and format.
There are no alternative means to address the need for revisions as presented above.
4. Detailed explanation of statutory authority for the rule (including the statutory citation and language):
Section 45.03 (2), Stats., (in part) provides that the Secretary may promulgate rules necessary to carry out the purposes of this chapter and the powers and duties conferred upon it.
5. Estimate of amount of time that state employees will spend developing the rule and of other resources necessary to develop the rule:
6. List with description of all entities that may be affected by the proposed rule:
7. Summary and preliminary comparison with any existing or proposed federal regulation that is intended to address the activities to be regulated by the proposed rule:
8. Anticipated economic impact of implementing the rule (note if the rule is likely to have a significant economic impact on small businesses):
The department anticipates that the proposed rules will have no economic impact statewide or locally, nor have an effect upon small businesses.