2009 WISCONSIN ACT 225
An Act to renumber and amend 341.266 (1) (c); to amend 341.266 (2) (a) and 341.266 (2) (e) 2.; and to create 341.266 (1) (am) and 341.266 (1) (c) 1. of the statutes; relating to: registration of former military vehicles.
The people of the state of Wisconsin, represented in senate and assembly, do enact as follows:
225, s. 1
341.266 (1) (am) of the statutes is created to read:
341.266 (1) (am) "Former military vehicle" means any of the following vehicles if the vehicle is at least 25 years old:
1. A high-mobility, all-terrain, 4-wheel or 6-wheel drive vehicle originally manufactured for military use and commonly known by the trade name of "Pinzgauer."
2. A vehicle commonly known by the name of "Kaiser Jeep M715."
3. A high-mobility multipurpose wheeled vehicle originally manufactured for use by the U.S. military forces and commonly known by the name of "Humvee" that, notwithstanding par. (am) (intro.), is at least 22 years old.
4. A 6-wheel drive utility vehicle originally manufactured for use by the U.S. military forces during World War II, known by the acronym of "DUKW" and commonly referred to by the name of "Duck."
225, s. 2
341.266 (1) (c) of the statutes is renumbered 341.266 (1) (c) (intro.) and amended to read:
341.266 (1) (c) (intro.) "Special interest vehicle" means a any of the following:
2. A motor vehicle of any age which has not been altered or modified from original manufacturers specifications and, because of its historic interest, is being preserved by hobbyists.
225, s. 3
341.266 (1) (c) 1. of the statutes is created to read:
341.266 (1) (c) 1. A former military vehicle.
225, s. 4
341.266 (2) (a) of the statutes is amended to read:
341.266 (2) (a) Any person who is the owner of a special interest vehicle that is a former military vehicle, or that is not a former military vehicle and is 20 or more years old at the time of making application for registration or transfer of title of the vehicle, and who, unless the owner is an historical society that is exempt from federal income taxes, owns, has registered in this state, and uses for regular transportation at least one vehicle that has regular registration plates may upon application register the vehicle as a special interest vehicle upon payment of a fee under par. (b). A former military vehicle may be registered under this paragraph notwithstanding s. 341.10 (6).
225, s. 5
341.266 (2) (e) 2. of the statutes is amended to read:
341.266 (2) (e) 2. Trucks may not haul material weighing more than 500 pounds, not including the weight of a camper, lid or cap that is mounted on the truck or the weight of any persons or pets riding within the driver's compartment, unless the truck is a former military vehicle.
(1) This act first applies to applications received by the department of transportation on the effective date of this subsection.
(1) This act takes effect on the first day of the 3rd month beginning after publication.