2009 WISCONSIN ACT 394
An Act to create 15.347 (20) and 23.177 of the statutes; relating to: creating a Nonmotorized Recreation and Transportation Trails Council.
The people of the state of Wisconsin, represented in senate and assembly, do enact as follows:
1. Persons who engage in activities on water trails.
7. Persons who engage in bicycling of all forms, including trail riding, mountain biking, commuting, and long-distance bicycling.
10. Persons who are interested in tourism promotion.
11. Persons who represent tribal lands.
(c) If any member of the council is unable to attend a meeting of the council, the secretary of natural resources may appoint an alternate for that meeting to ensure that the full range of nonmotorized trails interests and activities is represented at the meeting.
23.177 of the statutes is created to read:
(2) Duties of departments of natural resources and transportation.
(a) The department of natural resources and department of transportation shall seek the advice of, and consult with, the council regarding the planning, acquisition, development, maintenance, and management of nonmotorized recreation and transportation trails.