2009 WISCONSIN ACT 86
An Act to amend 287.95 (1); and to create 287.07 (4m) of the statutes;
relating to: the disposal of used automotive engine oil filters and oil absorbent materials and providing a penalty.
The people of the state of Wisconsin, represented in senate and assembly, do enact as follows:
86, s. 1
287.07 (4m) of the statutes is created to read:
287.07 (4m) Oil filters and oil absorbent materials. (a) In this subsection:
1. "Automotive engine oil" has the meaning given in s. 287.15 (1) (a).
2. "Oil absorbent materials" means materials that are used to absorb waste oil.
3. "Oil filter" means a filter for automotive engine oil.
4. "Waste oil" means any petroleum-derived or synthetic oil that has been used or spilled.
(b) Beginning on the first day of the 13th month beginning after publication .... [LRB inserts date], no person may do any of the following:
1. Dispose of a used oil filter in a solid waste disposal facility.
2. Dispose of oil absorbent materials that contain waste oil in a solid waste disposal facility, except as provided in par. (c).
(c) Paragraph (b) 2. does not apply to the disposal of less than one gallon of oil absorbent materials that contain waste oil resulting from a nonroutine spill.
86, s. 2
287.95 (1) of the statutes is amended to read:
287.95 (1) Any person who violates s. 287.07 (1m) or (4m) may be required to forfeit $50 for a first violation, may be required to forfeit $200 for a 2nd violation and may be required to forfeit not more than $2,000 for a 3rd or subsequent violation.