Record of Committee Proceedings
Committee on Transportation, Public Safety, and Veterans and Military Affairs
Senate Bill 436
Relating to: creating a statewide program to review child deaths and providing a penalty.
By Senators Olsen, Darling, Petrowski and Lassa; cosponsored by Representatives Loudenbeck, Krug, Bies, Kahl, Kleefisch, T. Larson, A. Ott, C. Taylor and Wright.
December 11, 2013 Referred to Committee on Transportation, Public Safety, and Veterans and Military Affairs
February 12, 2014 Public Hearing Held
Present: (5) Senator Petrowski; Senators Leibham, Cowles, Carpenter and Hansen.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (0) None.
· Luther Olsen - Senator - 14th Senate District
· Abby Collier - Childrens Health Alliance WI
· Ty Zastova
· Mark Hahn
Appearances for Information Only
· Teresa Paulus - Winnebago Co. Health Dept
· J.B. Van Hollen - Attorney General - Wisconsin Department of Justice
· Kimber Liedl - WI Dept of Children and Families
· Nan Peterson - American Family Children's Hospital
· Lisa Maroney - UW Health
· Michelle Mettner - Children's Hospital of WI
· Jennifer Jones - Children's Trust Fund
· Michael Welsh - WI Public Health Association
· Sarah Diedrick-Kasdorf - Wisconsin Counties Association
Registrations for Information Only
April 08, 2014 Failed to pass pursuant to Senate Joint Resolution 1