Record of Committee Proceedings
Committee on Colleges and Universities
Assembly Bill 625
Relating to: the 2015-17 Authorized State Building Program, providing a grant for the construction of a medical school campus in the city of Jefferson, granting bonding authority, and making appropriations.
By Representatives Horlacher, Jagler, Kleefisch, Novak and Quinn; cosponsored by Senators Nass and Tiffany.
January 04, 2016 Referred to Committee on Colleges and Universities
January 28, 2016 Public Hearing Held
Present: (14) Representative Murphy; Representatives Rohrkaste, Quinn, Rodriguez, Petryk, Ballweg, Krug, Tranel, Macco, Wachs, Berceau, Billings, Hesselbein and Jorgensen.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (1) Representative R. Brooks.
· Rep. Cody Horlacher - 33rd Assembly District
· Senator Steve Nass - 11th Senate District
· Mark Lefebvre - The College of Osteopathic Medicine
· Jennifer DeKrey - The College of Osteopathic Medicine
· Mayor Dale Oppermann - City of Jefferson, WI
· County Administrator Ben Wehmeier - Jefferson County
· Dr. John Raymond - President and CEO, Medical College of Wisconsin
· Dr. Liz Petty - UW School of Medicine and Public Health
Appearances for Information Only
· Rep. Joel Kleefisch - 38th Assembly District
· Executive Director Genevieve Coady - Jefferson County Economic Development Corp
· Jim Schroeder - Jefferson County Board Chair
· William Brandel - City of Jefferson
· Nathan Berken - Medical College of Wisconsin
Registrations for Information Only
· George Quinn - WI Council on Medical Education and Workforce
April 07, 2016 Failed to pass pursuant to Senate Joint Resolution 1