Record of Committee Proceedings
Committee on Criminal Justice and Public Safety
Assembly Bill 604
Relating to: suspension of operating privilege for failure to pay monetary judgment.
By Representatives Spiros, Mason, Ballweg, Hesselbein, Sinicki, Horlacher, Kolste, Kulp, Bowen, Riemer, Spreitzer, Goyke, Kahl, Pope, Brostoff, Berceau, Loudenbeck, Johnson, Hebl, Ohnstad, Young, A. Ott, Considine and Ripp; cosponsored by Senators Petrowski, Harris Dodd, L. Taylor, Ringhand, Hansen and Lasee.
December 22, 2015 Referred to Committee on Criminal Justice and Public Safety
January 28, 2016 Public Hearing Held
Present: (12) Representative Kleefisch; Representatives Kremer, Spiros, J. Ott, Rodriguez, Horlacher, Novak, Born, Duchow, Goyke, Zamarripa and Johnson.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (1) Representative Kessler.
· Representative John Spiros - 86th Assembly District
· Ken Taylor - WI Council on Children and Families
· Nicole Todd - Wisconsin Community Services
· Carousel Boyrd - YWCA Madison
· Jessica Williams - YWCA Madison
· Vicky Selkowe - Legal Action of WI
· James Gramling - Center for Drivers License Recovery
· John Hyland - Waunakee, WI
Appearances for Information Only
· Senator Jerry Petrowski - 29th Senate District
· Representative Cory Mason - 66th Assembly District
· Adam Plotkin - Office of the State Public Defender
· Andy Franken - Wisconsin Insurance Alliance
· Alice O'Connor - WI Chiefs of POlice Association
Registrations for Information Only
February 11, 2016 Executive Session Held
Present: (12) Representative Kleefisch; Representatives Kremer, Spiros, J. Ott, Rodriguez, Horlacher, Novak, Duchow, Goyke, Kessler, Zamarripa and Johnson.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (1) Representative Born.
Moved by Representative Novak, seconded by Representative Goyke that Assembly Bill 604 be recommended for passage.
Ayes: (11) Representative Kleefisch; Representatives Kremer, Spiros, Rodriguez, Horlacher, Novak, Duchow, Goyke, Kessler, Zamarripa and Johnson.
Noes: (1) Representative J. Ott.
PASSAGE RECOMMENDED, Ayes 11, Noes 1