Record of Committee Proceedings
Committee on Mining and Rural Development
Assembly Bill 794
Relating to: student loan reimbursements for certain individuals domiciled in rural counties, granting rule-making authority, and making an appropriation.
By Representatives E. Brooks, Quinn, Tranel, Kulp, Mursau, Bernier, Novak, VanderMeer, Krug, T. Larson, Ballweg, Nerison, Spiros, Edming, Ripp, Swearingen, Petryk, Murtha, Czaja, Kitchens, Tauchen, A. Ott, Macco and Skowronski; cosponsored by Senator Tiffany.
January 22, 2016 Referred to Committee on Mining and Rural Development
February 04, 2016 Public Hearing Held
Present: (13) Representative Kulp; Representatives Mursau, Novak, Quinn, VanderMeer, E. Brooks, T. Larson, Kremer, Milroy, Danou, Billings, Considine and Spreitzer.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (2) Representatives Bernier and Krug.
· Representative Ed Brooks - 50th Assembly District
· Kara O
Appearances for Information Only
· Kara O'Connor - Wisconsin Farmers union
· John Reinemann - Wisconsin Higher Educational Aids Board
· Representative Romaine Quinn - 75th Assembly District
· Representative Travis Tranel - 49th Assembly District
· Senator Tom Tiffany - 12th Senate District
· Representative Kathy Bernier - 68th Assembly District
· Kim Kaukl - Wisconsin Rural Schools Alliance
Registrations for Information Only
April 07, 2016 Failed to pass pursuant to Senate Joint Resolution 1