Record of Committee Proceedings
Committee on State Affairs and Government Operations
Assembly Bill 194
Relating to: requiring the successful completion of the civics portion of a citizenship test as a condition for obtaining a high school diploma or high school equivalency diploma.
By Representatives Edming, R. Brooks, Kapenga, Knudson, Murphy and A. Ott; cosponsored by Senator Wanggaard.
May 04, 2015 Referred to Committee on State Affairs and Government Operations
May 06, 2015 Public Hearing Held
Present: (14) Representative Swearingen; Representatives Jagler, Brandtjen, Kleefisch, Gannon, Ripp, Kulp, Tauchen, Vorpagel, Sinicki, Zamarripa, Kahl, Ohnstad and Brostoff.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (1) Representative Craig.
· Sam Stone - Civics Education Initiative
· Representative Jim Edming - 87th Assembly District
· Chris Kulow - WI Association of School Boards
· Darryl Morin - League of United Latin American Citizens
· Chris Ahmuty - ACLU of Wisconsin
· Steve Arnold
· Betsy Kippers - WEAC
· Tamara Jackson - WI Board for People with Development Disabilities
· Jerry Fiene - Wisconsin Rural Schools Aliliance
· Dee Pettack - DPI
Appearances for Information Only
· Van Wanggaard - 21st Senate District
· Genie Ogden
· Lisa Pugh - Disability Rights WI
Registrations for Information Only
April 07, 2016 Failed to pass pursuant to Senate Joint Resolution 1