Record of Committee Proceedings
Committee on State Affairs and Government Operations
Assembly Bill 285
Relating to: regulation of columbaria maintained by religious associations.
By Representatives R. Brooks, J. Ott, Kitchens, Brandtjen, Kremer, Quinn, Allen, Kooyenga and Kahl; cosponsored by Senators Lazich, Nass, Stroebel and Lasee.
July 08, 2015 Referred to Committee on State Affairs and Government Operations
September 16, 2015 Public Hearing Held
Present: (12) Representative Swearingen; Representatives Craig, Jagler, Brandtjen, Kleefisch, Gannon, Tauchen, Vorpagel, Sinicki, Zamarripa, Ohnstad and Brostoff.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (3) Representatives Ripp, Kulp and Kahl.
· Representative Rob Brooks - 60th Assembly Distrct
· Paul Rushing
· Peter Bakken - Wisconsin council of Churches
Appearances for Information Only
· Senator Mary Lazich - 28th Senate District
· Representative Dale Kooyenga - 14th Assembly District
· Michael Welsh - WI Cemetary and Cremation Association
Registrations for Information Only
April 07, 2016 Failed to pass pursuant to Senate Joint Resolution 1