Record of Committee Proceedings
Committee on Elections and Local Government
Senate Bill 213
Relating to: funding postretirement health care benefits of local government employees.
By Senators Vukmir, Stroebel and Nass; cosponsored by Representatives Thiesfeldt, Rohrkaste, Kitchens, Hutton, Brandtjen, Bernier, T. Larson and Craig.
July 16, 2015 Referred to Committee on Elections and Local Government
September 23, 2015 Public Hearing Held
Present: (5) Senator LeMahieu; Senators Kapenga, Wanggaard, Risser and Miller.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (0) None.
· Senator Leah Vukmir - 5th Senate District
· Representative Jeremy Thiesfeldt - 52nd Assembly District
· Curt Witynski - League of WI Municipalities
· Mayor Paul Fisk - City of Lodi
Appearances for Information Only
· Daniel Bahr - Wisconsin Counties Association
· Chris Kulow - WI Assoc. of School Boards
· Kim Kaukl - WI Rural Schools Alliance
· John Forester - School Administrators Alliance
· Nick Zavos - City of Madison
· Susan McMurray - AFSCME
· Rebecca Ballweg - WI Sheriff and Deputy Sheriff Assoc
Registrations for Information Only
April 07, 2016 Failed to pass pursuant to Senate Joint Resolution 1