Record of Committee Proceedings
Committee on Government Operations and Consumer Protection
Senate Bill 263
Relating to: applying financial accountability provisions that currently apply to certain tax incremental districts to all tax incremental districts created by a city or village.
By Senators Stroebel, Nass and Vukmir; cosponsored by Representatives Craig, Kremer, R. Brooks, Thiesfeldt, Neylon, Brandtjen, Jacque and Horlacher.
September 21, 2015 Referred to Committee on Government Operations and Consumer Protection
October 21, 2015 Public Hearing Held
Present: (4) Senator Stroebel; Senators LeMahieu, Kapenga and Harris Dodd.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (1) Senator Wirch.
· Duey Stroebel - 20th Senate District
· Van Mobley
· John Jacobson - Wisconsin Property Taxpayers Inc
· Curt Witynski - Wisconsin League of Municipalities
· Richard Lincoln - NAIOP-WI
· Brian Dondun - Wisconsin Economic Development Association
· Mary Rajek - Wisconsin Economic Development Association
Appearances for Information Only
· Representative David Craig - 83rd Assembly District
· Mike Coles - Wisconsin Towns Association
· Dan Rossmiller - Wisconsin Association of School Boards
· Mayor Dan Abendroth - City of Mequon
· Senator Rick Gudex - 18th Senate District
· Rebecca Ballweg - Wisconsin Economic Development Association
· Michael Harrigan - Ehlers & Associates
· Tom Larson - Wisconsin Realtors Association
· Tom Larson - NAIOP
· Kimberly Montgomery - City of Milwaukee
Registrations for Information Only
February 10, 2016 Executive Session Held
Present: (5) Senator Stroebel; Senators LeMahieu, Kapenga, Harris Dodd and Wirch.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (0) None.
Moved by Senator Stroebel, seconded by Senator Kapenga that Senate Bill 263 be recommended for passage.
Ayes: (3) Senator Stroebel; Senators LeMahieu and Kapenga.
Noes: (2) Senators Harris Dodd and Wirch.
PASSAGE RECOMMENDED, Ayes 3, Noes 2