Record of Committee Proceedings
Committee on Insurance, Housing, and Trade
Senate Bill 638
Relating to: penalties for violations related to the motor vehicle liability insurance requirement, proof of financial responsibility, making an appropriation, and providing a penalty.
By Senators Kapenga, Nass and Stroebel; cosponsored by Representatives Sanfelippo, Spiros, Weatherston, T. Larson, J. Ott and Brandtjen.
January 22, 2016 Referred to Committee on Insurance, Housing, and Trade
February 10, 2016 Public Hearing Held
Present: (5) Senator Lasee; Senators Olsen, Roth, Bewley and Harris Dodd.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (0) None.
· Representative Joe Sanfelippo - 15th Assembly District
· Ethan Vaade - Sentry Insurance
· Theresa Elliott - Sentry Insurance
· Nicole Todd - Wisconsin Community Services
· Vicky Selkowe - Legal Action of WI
· Carousel Bayrd - YMCA Madison
Appearances for Information Only
· Senator Chris Kapenga - 33rd Senate District
· Andy Franken - Wisconsin Insurance Alliance
· Matt Phillips - Property Casualty Insurers of America
Registrations for Information Only
April 07, 2016 Failed to pass pursuant to Senate Joint Resolution 1