Record of Committee Proceedings
Committee on Labor and Government Reform
Senate Bill 521
Relating to: forfeiture of property seized in relation to a crime.
By Senators Nass, Lasee and Wirch; cosponsored by Representatives Tauchen, Jarchow, Craig, Knudson, Kessler, Murtha, Goyke, Allen, Tittl, Gannon, Knodl and Hutton.
January 07, 2016 Referred to Committee on Labor and Government Reform
January 26, 2016 Public Hearing Held
Present: (5) Senator Nass; Senators Wanggaard, Marklein, Wirch and C. Larson.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (0) None.
· Rep. Gary Tauchen
· Rep. David Craig
· Tim Dake - WI Grandsons of Liberty
· Chris Ahmity - ACLU of WI
· Norm Reynold
· Larry Gamble - WI Grandsons of Liberty
· Sheriff Ron Cramer - WI Sheriffs and Deputy Sheriffs Assn
· Caty McDermott - WI Sheriffs and Deputy Sheriffs Assn
· Scott Parks - Badger State Sheriffs
Appearances for Information Only
· Sen. Steve Nass - 11th Senate District
· Adam Plotkin - State Public Defender
· Mitch Sands - Rep. Jarchow's Office
· Sen. Frank Lasee
· Alice O'Connor - WI Chiefs of Police Assn
· Attorney General Brad Schimel - DOJ
Registrations for Information Only
April 07, 2016 Failed to pass pursuant to Senate Joint Resolution 1