Record of Committee Proceedings
Committee on Financial Institutions
Assembly Bill 357
Relating to: shareholders' meetings of business corporations.
By Representatives Jarchow, Ballweg, R. Brooks, Doyle, Gannon, Horlacher, Katsma, Kerkman, Kooyenga, Krug, Kuglitsch, Kulp, Macco, Murphy, Ripp, Rohrkaste, Sanfelippo, Spiros, Steffen, Tusler and Zepnick; cosponsored by Senators Kapenga, Craig, Feyen, LeMahieu, Nass, Stroebel, Testin and Wanggaard.
May 31, 2017 Referred to Committee on Financial Institutions
September 27, 2017 Public Hearing Held
Present: (14) Representative Katsma; Representatives Jarchow, Allen, Stafsholt, Petryk, Weatherston, Murphy, Petersen, Kitchens, Doyle, Young, Zepnick, Bowen and Meyers.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (2) Representatives Sanfelippo and Fields.
· Representative Adam Jarchow - 28th Assembly District
· Louis Condon - Gener8tor
· Ryan Morrison - Quarles and Brady LLC
· Jason Sharkey - Hale Medical, LLC
· Steve Baas - Metropolitan Milwaukee Association of Commerce
· Lucas Vebber - Wisconsin Manufacturers and Commerce
Appearances for Information Only
· Senator Chris Kapenga - 33rd Senate District
· Bill Skewes - Wisconsin Utilities Association
· Bryan Brooks - Alliant Energy
· Mark Sericati - Schneider National
· Jon Turke - Wisconsin Bankers Association
Registrations for Information Only
October 18, 2017 Executive Session Held
Present: (11) Representative Katsma; Representatives Allen, Sanfelippo, Petryk, Weatherston, Murphy, Kitchens, Doyle, Young, Meyers and Fields.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (5) Representatives Jarchow, Stafsholt, Petersen, Zepnick and Bowen.
Moved by Representative Young, seconded by Representative Petryk that Assembly Bill 357 be recommended for passage.
Ayes: (11) Representative Katsma; Representatives Allen, Sanfelippo, Petryk, Weatherston, Murphy, Kitchens, Doyle, Young, Meyers and Fields.
Noes: (0) None.
PASSAGE RECOMMENDED, Ayes 11, Noes 0