Record of Committee Proceedings
Committee on Public Benefit Reform
Assembly Bill 236
Relating to: waiting lists for housing choice vouchers.
By Representatives Pronschinske, Rodriguez, Snyder, Steineke, Ballweg, Bernier, E. Brooks, Edming, Gannon, Jagler, Katsma, Kitchens, Krug, Kulp, Loudenbeck, Mursau, Novak, Petryk, Ripp, Rohrkaste, Sanfelippo, Thiesfeldt, Tittl, Tusler, VanderMeer and Felzkowski; cosponsored by Senators Darling and Olsen.
April 13, 2017 Referred to Committee on Public Benefit Reform
April 18, 2017 Public Hearing Held
Present: (7) Representative Krug; Representatives Vorpagel, Schraa, Kremer, Petersen, Subeck and Riemer.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (2) Representatives Brandtjen and Kolste.
· Rep. Patrick Snyder - State Leg
· Julie Bock - Pathfinders MKE
· Eric Peterson - Milwukee County Exec Abele
· Carrie Poser - Wi. Bos COC
· Jeanette Petts - Balance of State CO C
· Andi Elliott - Community Advocates
· Rep. Treig Pronschinske - State Leg.
· Takisha Jordan - -
Appearances for Information Only
· Vanessa Kuettel - Legal Action of WI.
· Joseph Volk - Wi. Coalition against Homelessness
· Mickey Beil - Dane County
· Jim Farrell - Hope house of Milwaukee
· Rep. Jessie Rodriguez - State Leg
· Rep. Jim Steineke - State Leg.
· Sen. Alberta Darling - State Leg.
· Pam Anderson - Marathnon County Housing & homeless coalition
· Jean Fisher - -
· Housing First Coalition Housing First Coalition - Housing First Coalition
· Milwaukee Continuum of Care Milwaukee Continuum of Care - Milwaukee Continuum of Care
· Milwaukee Shelter and Transitional housing task force Milwaukee Shelter and Transitional housing task force - Milwaukee Shelter and Transitional housing task force
Registrations for Information Only
April 20, 2017 Executive Session Held
Present: (8) Representative Krug; Representatives Vorpagel, Schraa, Kremer, Petersen, Subeck, Kolste and Riemer.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (1) Representative Brandtjen.
Moved by Representative Subeck, seconded by Representative Kolste that Assembly Amendment 1 be recommended for adoption.
Ayes: (3) Representatives Subeck, Kolste and Riemer.
Noes: (5) Representative Krug; Representatives Vorpagel, Schraa, Kremer and Petersen.
ASSEMBLY AMENDMENT 1 ADOPTION NOT RECOMMENDED, Ayes 3, Noes 5
Moved by Representative Petersen, seconded by Representative Vorpagel that Assembly Bill 236 be recommended for passage.
Ayes: (6) Representative Krug; Representatives Vorpagel, Schraa, Kremer, Petersen and Riemer.
Noes: (2) Representatives Subeck and Kolste.
PASSAGE RECOMMENDED, Ayes 6, Noes 2