Record of Committee Proceedings
Committee on Public Benefit Reform
Assembly Bill 501
Relating to: FoodShare healthy eating incentive pilot program and making an appropriation.
By Representatives Rohrkaste, Jarchow, Zimmerman, Stafsholt, Tranel, Petryk, Horlacher, Quinn, Thiesfeldt, Tittl, Goyke, Berceau, Genrich and Kolste; cosponsored by Senators Harsdorf, L. Taylor, Darling, Olsen, Tiffany, Johnson, Petrowski, Cowles, Wirch and Vukmir.
September 20, 2017 Referred to Committee on Public Benefit Reform
October 17, 2017 Public Hearing Held
Present: (8) Representative Krug; Representatives Vorpagel, Brandtjen, Schraa, Kremer, Subeck, Kolste and Riemer.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (1) Representative Petersen.
· Senator Sheila Harsdorf - State Senate
· Senator Mike Rohrkaste - State Assembly
· Ben Van Pect - American Heart Association
· Catherine Kolkmeier - American Heart Association
· Pat Remington, MD - UW- School Of Medicine and Public Health
· Jodeen Hetlenvach - SSM Health
· Scott Nordstrand - Solutran
· Brandon Scholz - Wisconsin Grocers Association
Appearances for Information Only
· Nicholas Heckman - Public Health Madison and Dane Co.
· Chase Tarrier - End Domestic Abuse Wi.
· Connie Schulze - UW Health
· Maureen Ryan - Survival Coalition
· Peter Bakken - Wi. Council of Churches
· Lisa Pogh - The Arc Wi.
· Jodi Bloch - Children's Hospital of Wi.
· Sara Sahli - American Cancer Society Action Network
· Dan Carpenter - School Nutrition Association of WI.
· Dan Carpenter - Wi. Public Health Association
· Dan Carpenter - Wi. Association of local health Dept. and Boards
· David Lee - Feeding Wi.
· Maureen Fitzgerald - Hunger Task Force
· Dr. David Allen - Dance Cty Healthy kids Collaborative/ UW American Family Children's Hospital
Registrations for Information Only
October 24, 2017 Executive Session Held
Present: (8) Representative Krug; Representatives Vorpagel, Brandtjen, Kremer, Petersen, Subeck, Kolste and Riemer.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (1) Representative Schraa.
Moved by Representative Petersen, seconded by Representative Kolste that Assembly Bill 501 be recommended for passage.
Ayes: (8) Representative Krug; Representatives Vorpagel, Brandtjen, Kremer, Petersen, Subeck, Kolste and Riemer.
Noes: (0) None.
PASSAGE RECOMMENDED, Ayes 8, Noes 0