Record of Committee Proceedings
Committee on Public Benefit Reform
January 2018 Special Session Assembly Bill 7
Relating to: pay for success contracting, establishment of pay for success trust fund, and making an appropriation.
By committee on Assembly Organization, Representatives Vos, Felzkowski, Sanfelippo, Tusler, Petersen, Duchow, Petryk, Kuglitsch, Tittl, Horlacher, Knodl, Brandtjen, Murphy, Wichgers, Bernier, Krug, Kleefisch, Rohrkaste, Katsma, Kremer and Swearingen; cosponsored by Senators Kapenga, Darling, Stroebel and Wanggaard, by request of Governor Scott Walker.
January 26, 2018 Referred to Committee on Public Benefit Reform
January 31, 2018 Public Hearing Held
Present: (9) Representative Krug; Representatives Vorpagel, Brandtjen, Schraa, Kremer, Petersen, Subeck, Kolste and Riemer.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (0) None.
· David Lee - Feeding Wisconsin
· Sarah Shatz
· Representative Jesse Kremer - 59th Assemmbly District
· Chytania Brown - DWD, Division Administrator Employment and Training
· Brad Wassink - Assistant Deputy Secretary, Department of Children and Families
· Jennifer Malcore - Assistant Deputy Secretary, Department of Children and Families
· John Nothdurft - The Heartland Institute
· Barbra Sella - Wisconsin Catholic Conference
· Jordan Wildermuth - Nurse- Family Partnership
· Senator Chris Kapenga - 33rd Senate District
· Representative Robin Vos - 63rd Assembly District
· Reverend Michael Rehak - WI Faith Voices for Justice
Appearances for Information Only
· Peter Bakken - WI Council of Churces
· Dorothy Tambornino
· Jean DeGuire
· Loren Arends
· Jamie De Guire
· Juliya Gabrielle
· Kayla Gabrieke
· Lindsey Fillian
· Scott Smith
· Stephen Kappes
· Chris Reader - WI Manufacturers and Commerce
· Laurie Rudie
· Leslie McAllistor
· Adrienne Ramirez
· Chris Nyland
· Elizabeth Klons
· Emily Lassiter
· Norm Littlejohn
· James Penczykowski
· Amanda Meloy
· Elise Buchbinder
· Diara Parker
· Michael Goodman
· Lauren Gerger
· Karen Tredwell - Food Pantry of Waukesha County, Inc.
· Representative Melissa Sargent
· Marsha Mansfield - UW family Court Clinic
· Karen Banaszak
· Jeff Rainke
· Andrea Kaminski - League of Women voters
Registrations for Information Only
· Pastor Cindy Crane - Lutheran office for public policy
February 06, 2018 Executive Session Held
Present: (8) Representative Krug; Representatives Vorpagel, Brandtjen, Schraa, Petersen, Subeck, Kolste and Riemer.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (1) Representative Kremer.
Moved by Representative Brandtjen, seconded by Representative Petersen that January 2018 Special Session Assembly Bill 7 be recommended for passage.
Ayes: (5) Representative Krug; Representatives Vorpagel, Brandtjen, Schraa and Petersen.
Noes: (3) Representatives Subeck, Kolste and Riemer.
PASSAGE RECOMMENDED, Ayes 5, Noes 3