Record of Committee Proceedings
Committee on Education
Senate Bill 556
Relating to: requiring an evaluation to determine whether a pupil with an extended absence from school is a child with a disability.
By Senators Olsen and Johnson; cosponsored by Representatives Jagler, Mason, Anderson, Berceau, Bowen, Considine, Genrich, Hebl, Horlacher, Kitchens, Kolste, Mursau, Ohnstad, Ripp, Spiros and Subeck.
November 20, 2017 Referred to Committee on Education
December 19, 2017 Public Hearing Held
Present: (7) Senator Olsen; Senators Darling, Nass, Vukmir, Larson, Bewley and Johnson.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (0) None.
· Senator Luther Olsen - 14th Senate District
· Sally Flaschberger - Disability Rights Wisconsin
Appearances for Information Only
· John Forester - School Administrators Alliance
· Dan Rossmiller - Wisconsin Association of School Boards
· Lisa Pugh - Survival Coalition of WI Disability Organizations
Registrations for Information Only
March 22, 2018 Failed to pass pursuant to Senate Joint Resolution 1