Record of Committee Proceedings
Committee on Revenue, Financial Institutions and Rural Issues
Senate Bill 138
Relating to: creating a refundable individual income tax credit for the parent of a stillbirth.
By Senators Darling, Wanggaard, Erpenbach and Moulton; cosponsored by Representatives Ballweg, Rohrkaste, Billings, Bowen, E. Brooks, Felzkowski, Horlacher, Jacque, Kleefisch, Kremer, Kulp, Loudenbeck, Neylon, Quinn, Ripp, Sinicki, Skowronski, Thiesfeldt, Tusler, Allen and Vruwink.
March 29, 2017 Referred to Committee on Revenue, Financial Institutions and Rural Issues
October 11, 2017 Public Hearing Held
Present: (5) Senator Marklein; Senators LeMahieu, Tiffany, Ringhand and Vinehout.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (0) None.
· Sen. Alberta Darling - 8th Senate District
· Claire Matejka - Bereaved Parents of Madison, Inc
· Amanda Smyth - Star Legacy Foundation
· Tina Keller
· Mark Pepoy - Bereaved Parents of Madison
· Emily Gorud
· Laura Becker
· Lindsay Marty
· Helen Werner
· Rebecca Markert
Appearances for Information Only
· Rep. Joan Ballweg - 41st Assembly District
· Heather Weininger - Wisconsin Right to Life
· Chelsea Duffy - Wisconsin Right to Life
· Barbara Sella - WI Catholic Conference
· Michael Markert
· Matt Sande - Pro-Life Wisconsin
Registrations for Information Only
March 22, 2018 Failed to pass pursuant to Senate Joint Resolution 1