Record of Committee Proceedings
Committee on Transportation and Veterans Affairs
Senate Bill 496
Relating to: outdoor advertising signs that do not conform to local ordinances and that are affected by certain transportation-related projects.
By Senators Feyen, Olsen and Wanggaard; cosponsored by Representatives Vorpagel, Jacque, R. Brooks, Ballweg, Felzkowski, Considine, Horlacher, Kulp, Allen, Fields and Thiesfeldt.
October 27, 2017 Referred to Committee on Transportation and Veterans Affairs
December 05, 2017 Public Hearing Held
Present: (5) Senator Petrowski; Senators Marklein, Cowles, Carpenter and Hansen.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (0) None.
· Senator Dan Feyen - 18th Senate District
· Kathi Kilgore - Outdoor Advertising Association of Wisconsin
· Brad Yarmark - Lamar Advertising
· Don Snyder - Lamar Advertising
· Jason Saari - Adams and Fairway Outdoor Advertising
· Vernie Smith - Citizens for a Scenic Wisconsin
Appearances for Information Only
· Trisha Pugal - Wisconsin Hotel and Lodging Association
· Romy Snyder - Wisconsin Dells Visitors and Convention Bureau
· Gary Manke - Midwest - SouthEastern Equipment Dealers Association
· Jerry Flavey - Clear Channel
· Brandon Scholz - Wisconsin Grocers Association
· Eric Krieghoff - Fairway Outdoor
· Jeanne Nowinsky - Northern Advertising
· Barbara Campbell - Lamar Advertising
· Kurt Weis - Lamar Advertising
· David Curtin - Lamar Advertising
· Ryan Savasta - Adams Outdoor Advertising
· Jeffery Knight - Association of Wisconsin Tourism Attractions
· Steve Loehr - Kwik Trip
· Susan Quam - Wisconsin Restaurant Association
· Representative Tyler Vorpagel - 27th Assembly District
· Rich Eggleston - Citizens for a Scenic Wisconsin
· Curt Witynski - League of Wisconsin Municipalities
· Gary Goyke - Citizens for a Scenic Wisconsin
Registrations for Information Only
March 22, 2018 Failed to pass pursuant to Senate Joint Resolution 1